+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DR dive planning software

DR dive planning software

I just came across the dive planning software that Dive Rite created. It is on their website called Dive Rite Work Bench. It seems to be stupid simple to use.

here is a link: http://www.diverite.com/downloads/diverite_121.zip

I know its not the preferred method, but its fun to play with...and free.

It even does gas blending. Im pretty sure this means there is no more thinking involved in diving...
    "Bad brakes never stopped anyone. Besides, all they do is slow you down."

Instructor, OW, Technical, Cave, Public Safety tj's Avatar
    Yes, this is a great FREE tool.. but the best is Vplanner. If you tech dive, you'll want the latest and best and software that is being maintained... that leaves Vplanner....
    Tom Johnson / tj
    Dayo Scuba Center LLC tj@dayo.com
    Instructor for TDI, SDI, PADI, IANTD, NSS CDS, DAN
    Orlando, Florida

Instructor, Technical & Cave Diver TommyB's Avatar
    I 2nd that-
    All my deco / deep dives are planned using Vplanner.
    For the pricing, licensing it allows me to put it on 4 puters. Can not beat that

That and when I switch to this
    http://www.liquivision.ca/liquivisionx1.html
    I'll be already versed on it

Clan Solutions, LLC.
    Tommy Burchfield

if ( $clue == 'none' ) { read ( sig & avatar rules | forum rules ) && search ( forums | google ) }
    if ( $answer == 0 ) { post->question }

jj1987
    Do you guys prefer that over deco planner as well?

And what do you think of the default gradient factors on this? 100 is a tad higher than I was taught to go (I was taught 35/85 as a starting point), is this common in these newer computers?
    # 0=75/95
    # 1=40/100
    # 2=30/75

Instructor, OW, Technical, Cave, Public Safety tj's Avatar
    Gradient factors are fudge factors to alter the deco software's algorithm or curve... so you don't have to race up to the 100% off gassing point and stay there at a level where offgassing is most pronounced.. that gets people bent, so these factors allow (essentially) for slower ascents (and deeper stops), and more deco... hopefully making it safer... Vplanner has similar but more updated models for that. All other software, correct me if I'm wrong, haven't been updated in years.
    Tom Johnson / tj
    Dayo Scuba Center LLC tj@dayo.com
    Instructor for TDI, SDI, PADI, IANTD, NSS CDS, DAN
    Orlando, Florida

jj1987
    Quote Originally Posted by tj View Post
    Gradient factors are fudge factors to alter the deco software's algorithm or curve... so you don't have to race up to the 100% off gassing point and stay there at a level where offgassing is most pronounced.. that gets people bent, so these factors allow (essentially) for slower ascents (and deeper stops), and more deco... hopefully making it safer... Vplanner has similar but more updated models for that. All other software, correct me if I'm wrong, haven't been updated in years.
    DecoPlanner allows comparison of VPM and Bühlmann side by side, however does not support VPM repetitive dives, at least I can't figure it out if it does. The one thing that it doesn't do, that I wish it did, is allow side by side comparison of the same dive with different GF's. From an academic standpoint, it's quite interesting to compare VPM and Bühlmann side by side, as various depths and bottom times can adjust which gives the longer deco.

Also, I wish there were a software that would cut tables with o2 and bottom gas deco times, by making o2 green and bottom gas black like this 15/32 so you wouldn't have to carry 2 sets in the case of a lost/stolen bottle. It's odd as well, that the GF's are right there in the dive plan window, yet for the VPM tab, you have to search through the preferences to change the conservatism.
    Last edited by jj1987; 10-22-2008 at 10:51 AM.

I would like to see a V-Planner training seminar. I think it has capabilities that I'm not taking full advantage of...

Diver
    <H2 class="title icon">DR dive planning software
    I just came across the dive planning software that Dive Rite created. It is on their website called Dive Rite Work Bench. It seems to be stupid simple to use.

here is a link: http://www.diverite.com/downloads/diverite_121.zip

I know its not the preferred method, but its fun to play with...and free.

It even does gas blending. Im pretty sure this means there is no more thinking involved in diving...
    </H2>
    not avab anymore, page not found

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information