+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New Training Center

Instructor, OW, Technical, Cave, Public Safety tj's Avatar

Animated Dive Flag New Training Center

Dayo Scuba opened their dive shop doors in October 2008. Dayo Scuba was founded back in 1998 by Thomas Johnson (TJ), who quickly established the company as a premier training center in Orlando. Dayo Scuba's new store now serves the entire central Florida region, and boasts the only drive up fill station in the area, providing banked air and Nitrox. Helium and O2 fills are also available on-site.

Dayo Scuba is the largest Technical Dive Shop and Training Center in Central Florida. The shop offers a one stop destination for all levels of training, gear (both purchase and rental), full service on equipment, gas fills and tons of graciously given advice and information.

Dayo Scuba is conveniently located just minutes from downtown Orlando, 1 mile off I-4, with lodging, restaurants, entertainment and shopping all around it.

Training:

Dayo Scuba is staffed with very active divers and scuba trainers. They have more than 12 people on staff including associate Instructors and Instructor Trainers. Their instructors dive and train nearly every day of the week; not just weekends. Dayo Scuba trains more recreational scuba divers, technical divers and cave divers than any other dive business in Orlando and Central Florida.

They offer training at all levels from basic Open Water, Technical, Cave, including Instructor Training. Each Instructor on staff teaches for multiple agencies. Together, they represent almost every organization, including NACD, PADI, SDI, IANTD, DAN, NAUI, NSS-CDS and TDI.

They have two fully equipped classrooms with projectors and DVD/TVs.

Dayo offers monthly workshops and seminars in specialty diving and continuing education such as Photography, Advanced Photography, Lobstering, Regulator Repair, DAN Workshops, Decompression Illness and even a Vertical Clinic!

Full Service on Site:

Dayo has a full service repair facility on site. They are constantly thriving to improve turnaround time on servicing. They have the lowest prices in the area for VIPs, hydrotesting, O2 cleaning and tank tumbling.

Retail:

Dayo Scuba is an authorized dealer for the following companies: Analox, Aries, Atomic Aquatics, Bare, Catalina, Cyl-Tec, Dive-Rite, Edge, Faber/Blue Steel, Global Mfg, Green Force, Hardigg Storm Cases, Hog Gear, Hollis Gear, Light Monkey, Marine Sports, Oceanic, OMS, Oxycheq, Pinnacle Aquatics, Princeton, Poseidon, Reactor Watches, Scuba Max, Sea & Sea, Seacsub, Seasoft, Silent Diving, Si-Tech, Tusa, WaterProof, XS Scuba, Zeagle Systems, Inc.

They have a large variety of stock on hand, but if they don't stock it, they will order it for you!

Trips and Outings:

The instructors at Dayo organize and participate in many trips, catering to divers of varying certification levels. They go to the ocean at least twice a month for reef and wreck diving. Favorite locations include West Palm Beach, Pompano Beach and Boynton Beach. They also do numerous technical deep ocean wreck dives.

They are regulars in "Cave Country", both for fun diving and cavern and cave classes. There are five Technical and Cave Instructors/Course Directors on staff at Dayo Scuba, and they keep busy, teaching everything from Cavern to Cave at Peacock, Little River, Madison and Ginnie Springs, to name but a few.

For cave diving, the Dayo Staff don't limit themselves to the state of sunny Florida either not that its NOT good here)! They have had recent adventures in Tennessee and even Ireland! Out of country trips are high on their priority list too, they are currently planning their next trip to the Bahamas and Mexico!

Community Service:

Dayo Scuba is the sponsor of the number one online cave diving forum and resource in the world. The Cave Diver's Forum provides a place on the internet for civil discussions of anything cave diving related. Dayo staff and especially the moderators work hard, donating much of their time to make sure that the Cave Divers Forum continues to offer a quality and current resource to cave and cavern divers around the world.

Peter, Denise and TJ at the 2009 Cave Diver's Forum Social in Luraville, Florida

Dayo Scuba also works closely with their local authorities to sponsor biannual lake cleanups in the area. Since their opening in 2008, Dayo have organized and conducted lake cleanups in nearby Lake Virginia, Lake Orlando and Lake Baldwin.

Come check us out! Opening hours are 10a.m. to 6pm Monday through Saturday. Officially we are 'closed' on Sundays, but there is usually someone there loading and unloading for classes so feel free to give us a call and drop by!

Address: 723 Executive Drive, Winter Park, FL 32789

Contact Info:

Address: 723 Executive Drive, Winter Park, FL 32789

Training: 321-663-0203

Retail: 407-647-6030

General Inquiries: 407-292-9727/ 800-525-3296

Email:info@scubadiver.com

Maps:

Link to Google Map

Open House Party March 7, 2009:

Last edited by tj; 11-21-2012 at 04:50 AM.
    Tom Johnson / tj
    Dayo Scuba Center LLC tj@dayo.com
    Instructor for TDI, SDI, PADI, IANTD, NSS CDS, DAN
    Orlando, Florida

jj1987
    Awesome TJ, glad to hear it!

Instructor, Technical & Cave Diver TommyB's Avatar
    NICE!!

let me know if ya need to borrow the big blue truck

(Of course I need to put the carpet / padding / seats etc ) all back in..
    Long story.. Just think rain / wet / and that will give ya an idea as to why the seats etc are out of it sitting in the garage.

Clan Solutions, LLC.
    Tommy Burchfield

if ( $clue == 'none' ) { read ( sig & avatar rules | forum rules ) && search ( forums | google ) }
    if ( $answer == 0 ) { post->question }

Congrats, I am looking forward to seeing your new place. Let me know if you guys need some help moving, I have a truck and trailer available if needed.
    "Bad brakes never stopped anyone. Besides, all they do is slow you down."

Instructor, OW, Technical, Cave, Public Safety tj's Avatar

Thumbs up

We are going to rent a U-haul truck because we got this HUGE display case that takes 4 people to lift... a few inches... each time... We have a trailer but it isn't long enough... the glass cabinet is 10+ feet long... Thanks Kevin, but most trailers, like ours, isn't long enough... plus I'm not sure what time of day we are moving since its so hot... and wet in the afternoon... You could help while wearing that new nomad of yours if it comes in by then...

Tommy is going to help.. (this is my way of asking him...) but we only need his muscles...
    Last edited by tj; 08-01-2008 at 09:16 AM.
    Tom Johnson / tj
    Dayo Scuba Center LLC tj@dayo.com
    Instructor for TDI, SDI, PADI, IANTD, NSS CDS, DAN
    Orlando, Florida

I think our trailer is 12ft by 6ft, but I could be wrong, I would have to measure. Id be more than happy to come over and lend a hand anytime that weekend, or in the evenings. Just let me know when
    "Bad brakes never stopped anyone. Besides, all they do is slow you down."

Divemaster, Cave & Technical Diver Techdiver's Avatar

PSD TommyB

Quote Originally Posted by TommyB View Post
    NICE!!

let me know if ya need to borrow the big blue truck

(Of course I need to put the carpet / padding / seats etc ) all back in..
    Long story.. Just think rain / wet / and that will give ya an idea as to why the seats etc are out of it sitting in the garage.
    We'll need more then your big truck, The driver that goes with it?
    Techdiver

Dive to Live and Live to Dive

Moving

If you guys need help in the evenings or weekends after the 20th I'll be back in town and happy to pitch in!

Animated Dive Flag

Congrats TJ and Denise, let me know if u guys need help in the move... i dont have a big truck but got the muscles loool

Congratulations TJ. You've really been moving Dayo Scuba up the ladder in a big way. You must be very proud.

I'll definately stop by and check out the new place.
    I hope to register for some classes soon to keep working towards my Master certification.

See ya soon.

- Noel
    Last edited by Beerbatter; 08-01-2008 at 04:06 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information